Aug 29, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 27, 2014
So we have two (?!) ponds at our new house. I'm not a fan of these things, but my father in law got one cleaned up and working and it turns out we have a fish and frog living in it. The kids are in heaven! I'm a little confused as to how one takes care of these things? Not in a townhouse anymore...
My favorite NJ pizza joint now has bacon chicken ranch pizza. If you need me on a Friday night you will know where to find me... Until I start making this at home!
Avery has been rocking some serious outfits lately as we unpack her room. She also has been telling everyone that when she grows up she wants to be a diva. Trouble, just trouble.
We have been working on our downstairs bathroom, and it is coming along nicely. We are just waiting on the painters to come and do all of the trim, and I have a closet to paint, but the little changes are already making me so happy!
You guys. One pant leg up, all of the time. All of this moving (I'm assuming) somehow led to my incision reopening and an infection. So gross and TMI, but it explains my weird fashion right now.
I think everyone who has heard of Instagram and Facebook celebrated National Dog Day yesterday. Woof. Maggie was NOT feeling it. Girlfriend is a hot mess since we moved...
I made my first real meal in our house! My priority was to get the kitchen moved and unpacked first and yesterday it happened, minus the tons of tupperware I have to put away. It is starting to feel like home now!!
Have a happy day!!
Aug 26, 2014
Ladies with the hair skills, help a girl out!!
Aug 25, 2014
Aug 22, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
It's Thursday, which means I am linking up with my girls Natalie and Annie for Thoughts on Thursday!
This week it is all about the end of summer drink!
It's no secret that I love martinis (I had a delicious dirty one last night!) and I love new twists on them. Lemon martinis can be a tad too sour for me, so I played around with the proportions and sweetening to make one I thought tasted delicious! This could work in a regular martini glass, but it seemed Mason Jar appropriate and made for outside on a summer evening!
1 - 2 shots vodka (depending on how strong you like it)
Juice of one lemon
3 lemon slices
Lemon flavored seltzer water
Three drops stevia or one packet sweetener
- Fill glass with ice and top with vodka. I prefer two shots but if that is too strong, use one
- Squeeze lemon juice in and add in lemon slices and sweetener of choice
- Stir and fill to top with seltzer
- Sip and enjoy!
Aug 20, 2014
This bag is one of my favorites. It is the Louis Vuitton Eva Clutch in Damier Ebene. My husband got it for me for my birthday and I am really looking forward to rocking it this Autumn. The colors are so perfect for Fall and it will look awesome with a cute pair of brown boots. I was not always able to wear a crossbody (especially one this small). When my daughter was younger I had the baby bag and then the tote and now (somehow) she is nine and I am able to carry just my own items in a small purse. I feel very free when I sling this little thing over my shoulder.
Because of its size I have to pare down what I keep in it. Therefore, I go with my standard method of no wallet (just my license, debit card and metro card).
I also include:
- Benetint to combat my blue vampire-esque lips.
- Dior Addict Lip Gloss in Night Fantasy.
- Eclipse Mints in Winterfrost. (They are the best because they aren’t chalky at all.)
- A Coach perfume rollerball.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I am obsessed with this.
- They’re Real from Benefit (in the sample size).
- My beautiful phone case from Simply Monogram (Can you link their shop Lindsay? https://www.etsy.com/shop/
I hope you enjoyed a little bit of purse porn! I would love to see yours!
Aug 19, 2014
1. Rising Sun Maxi Dress Definitely not the first leopard maxi I have posted, but when a friend of mine sent this me I was instantly smitten! 2. JCrew Hibiscus Floral Maxi Dress I have yet to pull the trigger on this beauty, but she is on sale right now and an extra 30% off! 3. Foldable Beach Hat I desperately need a new beach hat since I ruined mine packing it. This one is simple and folds for travel! 4. Old Navy Utility Jacket I got this for the Spring and it is available again for the fall. It is the perfect lightweight jacket and the price (especially when they have additional discounts) is unbeatable! 5. Stecy Sandal I keep eyeing this shoe in every color and pattern it comes out in. They don't have this one in my size, but as soon as it is restocked it will be mine! The perfect night out shoe! 6. BaubleBar x Anthropologie Crystalwork Drops How vintage fabulous are these earrings? They would match everything!! 7. Midas iPhone Charger Gold iPhone charger, need I say more?
Aug 18, 2014
The "Jersey Shore" ride aka a big pool of water, was my favorite part.
After that, we headed over to DC so we could take it all in and hit some museums. I am a total nerd and have always loved the Smithsonian, and was so happy when my kids did too!
We made it home for a night, then went down to Philly for a few hours (seriously) then over to the shore for the rest of the weekend.
I did the math, and spent about 20 hours in the car this past week! Phew! I am ready to be home and finish out summer and get moved into our new house!
I also looked back through my pictures and realized I did a lot of sitting near water (mostly bathtubs with my kids) and sipping wine...
The last one was my first attempt at a run post-surgery. It wasn't pretty but my sneakers always make me happy so who cares!
I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending!
Have a fabulous Monday!
Aug 14, 2014
With only three weeks left in summer we have been scrambling - scrambling to squeeze in as much summer fun as possible, to get our new house together and old one cleaned out, to get ready for school, to enjoy every moment... There have been a lot of trips into the city lately, including a special day for the kids to enjoy FAO Schwarz and Dylan's Candy Bar, and lots of painting and hauling around of boxes. This is definitely a one of a kind summer...
Hope you're enjoying these last few weeks!