You guys, I have an addiction and it's pretty real: I'm addicted to granola. I was buying so much of it that I figured I needed to streamline the best way to make my own at home, because those little bags really add up in cost! I like to make a big batch at the beginning of the week and either toss it on yogurt, or usually, just snack on it by the handful. I keep mine very basic and easy. I have tried a ton of recipes and basically got rid of what I didn't think we needed, and added in what I thought tasted the best.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons agave (or honey if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix coconut oil, agave, flax, cinnamon, vanilla and salt together in a bowl
- Add in oatmeal and toss to coat. If it's to dry or sticky, add in a little more oil and agave.
- Spread everything evenly across baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice. Watch it carefully because it can burn and it may not crisp up (depends on your oven type, etc.)
- Let cool and eat and enjoy!
I'm literally going to go make a batch right now! We took the kids to see Zootopia this weekend (so cute btw) and I may have housed enough popcorn and candy to last me for a good long time. I need not just granola, but a whole lot of other healthy goodies in my life. Total sidenote: I'm catching up on Pretty Little Liars as I type this and it's so ridiculous this season. Somehow I never thought it was that ridiculous before, but now that it is five years in the future, I just can't deal with the story lines. I'll never stop watching though, let's be serious.
Who is watching the Women Tell All tonight? Rumor is Olivia is not a favorite amongst the ladies. Shocker. Team Lauren or Team Jojo?
Have a fabulous day and thank you for reading! -xx